Richard Shank

Dick Shank has been a member of the Branford family since 1943 when he moved into Branford as a sophomore, member of the class of ‘45W. In 1953 he returned to Branford as a resident fellow, and then in 1963 he moved back into Branford, this time with his family, as the first Dean of Branford. After NROTC naval service in WWII, Mr. Shank taught electrical engineering at Yale. In 1985 he retired from Yale as registrar of Yale College.